▪️2 large eggs
▪️1 tablespoon un-salted butter room temperature
▪️1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
▪️4 tablespoon Apricot jam
▪️6 1/2 ounces sugar 3/4 cup, 200 ml, or 180 g
1 teaspoon vinegar
▪️¾ cup milk
▪️1 cup or 5 ounces all-purpose flour
▪️1 teaspoon baking soda
▪️1/2 teaspoon salt
▪️1 cup evaporated milk
▪️1/4 -1/3 cup brown sugar
▪️6 tablespoons / 3 ounce. / 88 grams butter.
▪️2 ounce milk/ semi sweet chocolate
▪️½ teaspoon almond extract
▪️1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease an 8 inch pan generously with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat eggs, orange zest, sugar, butter and apricot jam, until light and fluffy. Then add the vinegar and milk to the eggs mixture
3. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt
4. Gradually, fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. The mixture might be runny that’s ok.
5. Pour batter into a greased cake pan. Bake at 350 until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 25–30minutes
6. While the cake is baking, heat the evaporated milk, chocolate, butter, sugar, almond and vanilla extract, in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. Remove from heat
7. Using a skewer poke holes in the cake extending all the way to the bottom of the cake.
8. Pour the chocolate butter sauce on the cake. Serve immediately or set aside in the fridge until ready to use